We treat any personal information that you provide us as confidential and will be used and recorded in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 1998. We promise to look after your personal information and we will not sell any information about you to any other party.
Pride Rock Vets, with the registered address Unit 4 Enville Court, 5 Castlewellan Road, Banbridge, Co Down, BT32 4AX establishes the processes set to handle personal data that you provide us.
Pride Rock Vets is an independent small veterinary clinic situated in the heart of Banbridge. We are a family-run, modern clinic with a wealth of experience. We are here to protect the health and well-being of your pets, offering a range of services that include: pregnancy scans, microchipping, dentals, surgeries, deworming, neutering, pet passports, consultations and many more.
Who to contact about your personal data
The personal data we collect and process
There are four main ways we process the personal data you provide. We endeavor to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
- To administer your account as a surgery client
In order to provide our service effectively and ensure the best possible care for your pet, we need to collect and process the following personal data when we register you as a client.
|Personal data type||How the data is collected|
|First name, Last name||As part of registering to be a client|
|Address||As part of registering to be a client|
|Phone number (normally a mobile)||As part of registering to be a client|
|Email address||As part of registering to be a client|
The personal data will be used for the following services and purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example, calling to change and appointment and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
- If you have pet insurance, and you wish to make a claim, we will pass on your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your insurance company to allow them to process the claim
- To inform you of service information about the clinic. For example, notification of seasonal opening times or changes to out of hours availability – please see our social media platforms for updates as well.
- When you are creating your client account with us, we will ask for payment details. These are stored under two-factor authentication systems on our computer and our supported by vet-it.
- To support your pets welfare we will send you legitimate communications as a client
We are partnered with a number of third parties that are linked with our Vet IT system. The partnering third parties and ourselves will end our clients the following communications:
- Reminders for pet vaccinations, arranged appointments and administering preventative healthcare treatments.
- News information on animal welfare, like top tips for exercise and health checks you can do yourself
- Promotions and the latest related product offers from our product suppliers e.g. Royal Canin
Clients find these communications useful in keeping up to date with appointments and what is going on at the surgery. Please note that they are only sent to existing clients, and you can opt out at any time from our partnering companies email updates.
The personal data that we process for these communications is: first name, email address and the contact number you have provided us with.
We feel it is important for our clients to enjoy our communications, so it is important to note that you can opt out of any marketing email by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the top of the email.
- To share with veterinary related 3rd parties WITH your consent
Pride Rock Vets uses a number of veterinary IT systems and we have partnered with Royal Canin to supply top quality pet foods and supplies straight from our clinic in Banbridge.
These third parties include:
- Moving Veterinary Clinics – if you have requested to leave Pride Rock Vets as a client, and move to another clinic, we will transfer all the medical history of your pet to your chosen clinic.
Pride Rock Vets will not pass on your personal information to any third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. We will never share any of your personal information with any other client registered at the clinic.
- When you use our website www.priderockvets.co.uk
The information that Pride Rock Vets collects and stores relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. We collect information from you when you use our online contact forms.
The details you provide may include your name, email address, product selections, delivery address, and telephone number. We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary and consistent with the purpose for which you have given it to us.
Please note, that we may keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
How we protect your data sent to us online
Pride Rock Vets complies with the standard procedures and requirements as laid down by applicable law to ensure that your personal information is kept secure. We use the latest in Secure Server Technology (SSL and HTTPS Encryptions) to ensure that all your information is protected to the highest standards.
Please refer to our Cookie Notice to see what types of cookies we use, and for what purposes.
Links to other websites:
Our websites has buttons that link through to our social media platforms, if you follow these links, you are leaving our website. Please note, that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites’ protection and privacy policies and procedures.
Please check the social media platform’s privacy policies before you submit any personal information to the linked websites.
Where Pride Rock Vets sends your data
We do not transfer your site data outside the European Union. Our web hosting service is based in the UK, therefore any data collected from our website is kept secure in the UK.
How long do we process your data for?
Pride Rock Vets will keep your information for as long as you are a client of ours. We will securely store any of your information and details until you request us to remove it from our database.
Our aim is to have a long standing relationship with our clients. We understand the circumstances in which you may no longer need our services, but we will keep you on our system if ever in the future you would like to come to us again. If you wish to remove yourself from our client list, please contact the clinic and we would be more than happy to help you.
How we keep your data secure
Pride Rock Vets have invested in the most secure software systems in order to keep your personal information safe and confidential. Our computer systems are password protected, and any physical data is kept in a locked room in a locked filing cabinet. Only authorised personnel have access to this information.
Your personal information will be stored until we no longer have a legitimate use for it. We cannot put a specific time frame on this, as every customer will have varied needs.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclose, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
You have the right to access your information and the right to correction
You have the following rights as a data subject:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you (please note you will need to verify your identity before we provide you with this)
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
How to contact us
- Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us: Unit 4 Enville Court, 5 Castlewellan Road, Banbridge, Co Down, BT32 4AX
While we hope to enable to resolve any concerns you have about the way we are processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe that your data has been mistreated and does not comply with the General Data Protection Regulation or if you have any wider concerns about our compliance with the data protection law. You can contact the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113, or via their website: https://ico.org.uk/